8.29.2013

Fruit Picking

A good day out to Cheshire!

Went fruit picking yesterday. I've always actually liked the idea of it, picking your own fruit and sneaking a few in while you picking them. I just thought of wanting to pick out strawberries really, cause strawberries are the best. Unfortunately there wasn't any strawberries there :(
Other berries, but no strawberries!!

So, we got there...it was about an hour and a half drive from where I live, perhaps a little longer as I had a headache due to it..
HATE travelling!
Anyway, we got there, met with the owner and he handed us some bags. My mum decided that we would pick apples and plums... The apples looked absolutely beautiful! They put the supermarket ones to shame I tell ya! (And they tasted really good too)

However the plums weren't even ripe enough, hence the fact that myself and my brothers thought they were grapes! *LOL* they were tiny!! But we found a few that looked like peaches and were shaped like rugby balls, so picked them out and of course we tried some :P  


We then went for the berries, and to my disappointment, as I had already mentioned...there wasn't any strawberries!
But the Cranberries, Raspberries and Blackberries made up for it.
The cranberries were the best, I mean even my 3 year old sister loved the sweet/sour taste, she shouted "Mummy, come taste it! Its delicious" the cutie!


The owner mentioned he made and sold apple juice (and cider) so we brought two bottles of the finest, and I'm telling you..I hate apple juice, it makes me gag just by looking at it. But this juice was nothing like the carton and plastic bottled juices available at supermarkets, it was actually really nice! everything had cost around £25 ... which I thought was a reasonable price :D 

*History* The owner inherited the farm,the whole 70 acres of it!! Then sold about 50.
Also, the farm is known to be the home of Cheshire Apple Juice and Cider!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment