11.28.2013

Real Techniques - Core Collection / Expert Face Brush

I have been so excited about putting this post up because these brushes are like my favourite items right now!!
I AM IN LOVE…yes, that’s right…with brushes!! I am pretty sure that if you are reading this, you are probably a beauty lover? So if your like me and you watch YouTube videos (beauty related) you may have come across Pixiwoo AKA Nicola and Samantha Chapman, (Sam, who now has a YouTube channel called Real Technique, because obviously she launched these brushes) they are probably the  most popular YouTube makeup/beauty experts.
Click to access Pixiwoo / Real Techniques YouTube channel.
I have been eyeing up these brushes for ages, and hello to student loans for a jobless student…I just thought I’d get them while I can, and Oh My God! They are bloody brilliant! The real technique brushes have a variety of brushes ranging from lips, face, eyes and powder brushes …the whole lot really! Some of which are sold in sets and some separately. I bought myself the core collection (which is a set of four brushes) and the expert face brush. I have had them for about two months now, and like I had said, I really do love them they're honestly amazing.


The Core collection is known to be the best selling brush set out of the Real Techniques collection as a whole, it consists of 4 brushes which are all face brushes. The brushes come in a black panoramic case which can be used as stand, and it is really practical because it functions as a brush holder and as an easy to carry travel case. It also helps keep the brushes in place, and as a lot of the other real technique brushes come separately with no case/holder there is some extra space on the panoramic case. The brushes are all 100% synthetic and animal cruelty free (made with Taklon Bristles to be precise) they feel really smooth and perform really well to give an even and flawless finish.

FROM LEFT TO RIGHT - Expert Face Brush (not included in 'core collection' set) Contour brush, pointed foundation brush, detailer brush and Buffing brush.
*Own image/photography*




 The Buffing Brush

*Buffer*


This brush is just amazing, I finally understand why this has been the most talked about makeup brush, it gives a full coverage with all types of foundation, whether it be liquid, mineral etc. the bristles are so soft that it gives a flawless finish every time, it’s also big enough to cover a large area of the face even though it may not look very big…it may be the ‘buffing’ brush but I think it can be used for everything, whether it be foundation, blush, powder, it’s just wonderful!! I would say that all the brushes are pretty much versatile.



The Pointed Foundation Brush
*Foundation*
Even though this brush is supposed to be the actual brush for applying liquid foundation, but I actually hardly use it. However saying that, I decided that I would use it more often by maybe using it to apply concealer (for under eyes/dark blemishes) as its pointed, it can reach areas of the face that the buffing brush can't.
The Contour Brush
*Contour*
This is excellent! As it’s a dome shaped brush it fits perfectly into the hollows of the cheek, sides of the nose and contours just about perfectly…giving the face a natural silhouette. Some may think it’s a little too wide for contouring but I think it’s great and it does its job effortlessly. I also use this for blush and highlighting.
The Detailer Brush
*Detailer*

This I believe is meant to be used as a lipstick brush or a concealing brush, however I actually don’t use it at all anymore, when I first brought the set I did use this brush to apply my lipstick but I think I only used it like twice, so I don’t think this is really a review on the detailer brush, maybe I will start using this more often too.
The expert face brush 
This is my FAVOURITE!!! Even though I do love the core collection set, this is just perfect! It’s so dense and soft and just amazing. I don’t know what else to say about it really. I carry this everywhere! Literally everywhere because you can do everything with it, and by everything I mean apply foundation, blush, use it as a powder brush, it’s just such a multipurpose brush! It’s so dense that I honestly don’t think it will ever shed a hair/bristle, it’s immortal! *a little extreme but you know, it is great!! LOL*
Overall I think these are the most affordable brushes and of great quality! The core collection cost £21.99 and the expert face brush £9.99 (I purchased from Boots) it can be bought online from the real techniques online store for those outside of the UK.


HIGHLY recommended ... seriously you all need The Expert Face Brush at least!
anyway till next time dolls x

3 comments:

  1. I am really new at using brushes. Glad I came by to read this . Very helpful. Great post.

    WWW.STYLENBEAUTYLOUNGE.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hun. I am glad it was helpful! :)

      Delete
  2. I AM IN LOVE…yes, that's right…with brushes!! I am pretty sure that if you are reading this, you are probably a beauty lover? So if your like me ... expertfacebrush.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete