11.06.2013

Maybelline eyeliner & mascara

So recently I have brought a load of makeup...like loads!! I think I have spent around £100 on just drug store makeup. And not only have I brought makeup, I’ve also got a few makeup brushes!! Yay!! *HAPPY GIRL!!*
Anyway my point is that I have now got a few things to review!! So I’m back on doing this blogging business (hopefully) and I’m really excited for you guys to check out my new posts.  Enjoy x


Right, so basically … this post will be on two products I brought from boots *for those who have no idea what boots is – it’s a popular drug store in the UK* both which are Maybelline New York products.

   1) Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner - £7.99 (Colour – Intense Black)
   2)Maybelline The Colossal Volume Express Mascara, Smoky Eyes - £7.99 (Colour - Smokey Black)


Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner
This has been in stores for ages now, and I finally got my hands on one! This was apparently supposed to be a dupe of one of those fancy gel eyeliners from MAC or something, but I couldn’t compare it to the MAC one as I’ve never used the MAC gel eyeliner myself, and I don’t think I would really go out of my way to try the fancy one out, because this works a treat!

Firstly I don’t wear eyeliner very often so I only really wear it when I feel like dressing up, and I mean going all out with the extravagant makeup, but on a normal day I do keep my makeup looking as natural as I can, sometimes I can go without anything on #Scary  

Anyway back to the eyeliner…I never really comment on the packaging of a product like other bloggers, because I don’t really think it’s that important, but for you reading this, I shall. So, the eyeliner comes in a small frosted glass pot along with an eyeliner brush. I usually throw away brushes that come with products, but this brush is amazing! I actually love how it just glides on the eyeliner. The gel itself is really good, it claims to dry quickly, which it does! Claims to last all day, and from what I have gathered it does that too, however I only wear makeup for max 8hours. It is said to be smudge-proof, which I believe to be true also, however it also entitles as being  water proof and to last for 24 hours, these of which I can’t review upon as I haven’t really been out in the rain or cried while having the eyeliner on and I most certainly do not wear makeup for 24 hours to test out whether or not this is true…if anyone does try it out for 24 hours, let me know what results you discover J all in all its highly pigmented, can be used on the waterline easily, packaging stops the gel from drying up, looks great in photos, its cheap (well I think so) and its literally available everywhere!!! Oh, and… I LOVE THE BRUSH!!! So I would highly recommend this product.

Maybelline the Colossal Volume Express Mascara
*no image*

I had heard a lot about these Maybelline colossal mascaras, and when I went to get one I was just confused. Why confused you ask?

Well…I didn’t know which one to get, there was like three different ones that looked the same, package wise at least. So I decided to get this ‘smoky eyes’ one. Unfortunately I was not very fond of the product, once it was applied, it made my lashes look messy, and spiderish *that’s not even a word, but honestly my lashes looked like spiders* it does extend lashes, it just makes the lashes look like sticks. I would say that it’s a two/three stroke mascara, re-applying would just make it look horrible. All in all I wouldn’t really recommend it, but if you like you can go out and try it yourselves. 

However Khadiza who brought this on the same day with me, said "It actually makes my lashes look nice, they stand out more" ... so It may just be me who doesn't like it?

No comments:

Post a Comment